Window 135: Inking Up

During the drawing I realised that by using a scalpel on the emulsion I had ended up with a surface that I could take prints off – like a large, shallow woodcut. I decided against using black ink as I wanted an image that was about absence and residue. The prints would also be mirror images of the drawing. The window looked very dark when it was inked up but the prints came off silvery and ephemeral.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s