Taoisech Leo Varadkar has announced lockdown:
With effect from midnight last night, for two weeks, everyone must stay at home in all circumstances except for the following:
- Travel to and from work, for the purposes of work only where work is an essential service.
- Shop for food or household goods, or to collect a meal.
- To attend medical appointments
- For vital family reasons
- To take brief individual physical exercise, within 2km of your own home.
- Farming purposes, food production and care of animals.
- All public and private gatherings, with any number of people are prohibited outside of your family unit.
- All public transport, and passenger travel will be restricted to those providing essential services.
- No travel outside of 2km radius of your home, for any reason except those listed above.