I had some leftover veg in the fridge so decided to make cole slaw:
A quarter of a head of red cabbage
A head of fennel
One small onion
Salt and pepper
Chop all the veg into small pieces, add the mayonnaise, greek yoghourt, salt, pepper and dill and hey presto a really delicious cole slaw.
Fresh dill would be better but in these straightened times ….
Apart from cooking and cleaning – I cleaned behind my fridge today and surprised a large spider who looked very at home and most put out at being disturbed – I have also started a writing course. The course has been organised by Cork County Council Arts Office and is free. Novelist Denyse Woods is running it and we have been set our first assignment. We could choose to write 200 words on either of the following:
2. Apart from the staff, there were three other people in the library….
I chose the J-cloth naturally.
I would be interested to know if choosing an inanimate object to write about as opposed to the human is psychologically revealing in any way. It probably means I am a psychopath, this seems to be the latest buzzword and all roads seem to lead to psychopathy these days.
Anyway, I got thoroughly carried away and ended up writing a short story in the end. Based on the J-cloth.
Some outstanding garden jobs:
1. Make inventory of all plants – I have a chronic memory for plant names and so before it’s too late …
2. Trim hedges.
3. Cut dead brambles from back wall.
4. Weed flower garden and plant out all pots with cuttings.
5. Re-seed lawn and path through back meadow.
6. Put out bird bath.
7. Create insect log hotel.
8. Clear outside perimeter wall.
The meadow was the main task and now that is out of the way …