Meet Dutch – I drive into Clon every Friday to pick up my veg box. The fruit and veg is all organic and delicious.
Today I am cooking red cabbage to go with the last of my lamb stew.
- Chop I red onion.
- Fry in butter and olive oil until caramelized.
- Chop about a third of a red cabbage.
- Add to onion.
- Splosh in some cider vinger.
- Add a teaspoon of honey, two crushed garlic cloves, a bayleaf and some thyme.
- If necessary splosh in some water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
I will be interested to see what this is like – adapted from an online recipe.
Clon was like a ghost-town on Friday. I took some pics of some of the shops and Emmet Square where there is usually a busy market.